Error Parsing Today's XML

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Hi guys, today we've found a problem yesterday wasn't there and our app (using the XML u guys provide) stopped working.

My investigation shows that XML format has changed (I've seen 2 new values: magic and wmo, am I right? This is based on the "old" XML we have) and this made the aplication fail.

Now, I've no problem re-parsing the XML, the service you guys provide is worth the trouble, what I wanted to know is if there's a way so we can know that this changes will happen and adapt our app before it "explodes" also if this changes will be permanent and, at last, the periodicity of this changes (first change I've seen in, say, 10 months) so we can evaluate a whole new approach parsing the XML o just make a change or two per year

Thx in advance!
Photo of sebasnn

sebasnn

  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Brendan Hayes

Brendan Hayes, Official Rep

  • 962 Posts
  • 122 Reply Likes
As far as I know we haven't made changes like that. What URLs and what data points have you seen the change on? And what is the "old" XML you're referring to? You can email us at help@wunderground.com with your API keys and "old" URLs as well. Mention you brought this up in the forums.
Photo of sebasnn

sebasnn

  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The URL hasn't changed, but the XML format seems somewhat different, so I'll take your advice and will bring a copy of the XML we used to develop the app and the one we are downloading today to help@.

Thx again!
Photo of sebasnn

sebasnn

  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Well, it seems that the problem was the station.

I've tried another one and the app worked like a charm.

Don't really know how you guys are showing the info in the "main" page (I'm guessing you are cacheing -if its even a word lol- some info, because the station xml/json isn't showing some data)

The station URL is: http://api.wunderground.com/api/XXX/f... --> wich is missing and mixing some data.

With http://api.wunderground.com/api/XXX/f... --> works just fine.

It seems "solved", but still I'm curious, why that station's XML was "not so good"

Thx again!