Language Support encoding issues

  • 6
  • Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • In Progress
We are still having problems with results when we query for languages other than english
RES:EX: "weather": "Ciel d�gag�",
Photo of enrick


  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

  • 6
Photo of Matthew Gregory

Matthew Gregory

  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This is 'in discussion' with our developers. We will get back to you shortly once we decide on the best solution.
Photo of John Celenza

John Celenza, Official Rep

  • 40 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Hi Enrick,

I think I found and fixed the problem.

The output from that API request is encoded as UTF-8. However, we were not properly setting the
Content-Type: application/json; charset=UTF-8
header in the response.

The result was that your browser or software was forced to guess the character set of the response.

Now the responses work in Chrome, Firefox, curl -> TextEdit, curl -> vi.

Please let me know if this clears up your issue.

Photo of zhuka


  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I've got problem with decoding JSON with lang:RU set. All forecast / txt_forecast / forecastday / i / fcttext and fcttext_metric "nodes" contain some instruction:



that break the syntax.
Hope it will help.
Photo of EIZSOFT


  • 17 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Woow thanks, we've had the same issue and i think its fixed now.
Photo of Argus Labs

Argus Labs

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
We still get strange characters for french and other languages with special characters. We enforce our reading in UTF-8 but characters for weather alerts are not readable.
Photo of Steen Jørgensen

Steen Jørgensen

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
This is really confusing: My station info contains a lot of Scandinavic letters. Some fields support them, other fields in the same form seems not to.

Even so, on the PWS page, the letters are incorrectly shown after all: