Unicode (UTF-8) in alerts

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
There appears to be an encoding issue in the alert descriptions for some locales. Below is the description response I got for alerts in Munich, Germany.

"description": "Snow/Ice Zeitweise Schneefall, dabei 2 bis 5 cm Neuschnee, in \n Staulagen bis 10 cm Neuschnee. Die Schneefallgrenze liegt bei etwa \n 900 m. Auf den höchsten Straßen kommt es zu Glätte durch \n Schneematsch.&nbsp"

I've tried to capture this at a pretty low level and I believe the encoding problem is in the response and not something my code is doing. It looks like the description was UTF-8 at some point but is now ASCII.

The text is formatted correctly on the website and your iPhone app gets it right. But your public API is returning it as above.
Photo of Dylan Ginsburg

Dylan Ginsburg

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

  • 1

Be the first to post a reply!