why the icon not correspinding with the condition?

  • 5
  • Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
Hi All
in the response xml of forecast ,i find the condition of weather can not corresponding with the icon.and it bring me so much trouble.
for example:
3

91
33

77
25

Chance of a Thunderstorm

mostlycloudy

mostlycloudy
------
the condition is :Chance of a Thunderstorm
but the icon is:mostlycloudy
anybody tell me how to deal with these?
and what's the usage of skyicon?
because i found the skyicon different with icon sometimes.

Chance of a Thunderstorm

chancetstorms

mostlycloudy
Photo of qiaoyun

qiaoyun

  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

  • 5
Photo of dobry

dobry

  • 23 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Same problem here. We're displaying the condition and icon in our app, but it's sometimes not corresponding.
e.g. Forecast for Zurich, 16th September:
conditions = Fog;
icon = clear;
skyicon = sunny;
In the hourly forecast there is from 12am to 10am fog, afterwards till 10pm clear, at 11pm fog again.
Conditions and icon nead necessarily to correspond.
Photo of WeatherVor

WeatherVor

  • 38 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I have the same issue, any solutions?

I just noticed the same:
http://api.wunderground.com/api/mykey...

condition:Chance of Rain
icon: partlycloudy

Photo of mlyons10sh

mlyons10sh

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I take it that this was never addressed? I'm seeing the same thing here. Am I supposed to attempt to handle this somehow?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
Photo of moater11

moater11

  • 49 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Hi there,

I'm implementing now this API for a website and I'm planning to use the icons as follows:

- for the short term forecast (hourly): display the icon based on "conditions"
- for the long term forecast (forecastday): display the icon based on "icon"

This is because I discovered that "conditions" are more accurate for hourly forecast, while "icon" is more generic, and therefore can make more sense for long term daily forecast.

Anyway, I'm waiting for the January implementation of the API data to match the WU website data, and once implemented I'll check if something else changed or this method is the best.

Good luck.